Life List *updated 2019
A few years ago in 2013 I posted a Life List (which I had originally created the year before) & since then the years have rolled on, all 6 of them. I’ve accomplished many of the things I listed & many have turned out to be silly, & such silliness/accomplishments calls for an update.
*I have to point out that my birthday is in less than 2 months & A-Aron needs some inspiration on my birthday surprise.
I’ve included the official, updated, new & improved, pretty Life List 2019 first & then the crazy edited/snarky commented version (for fun) down below.
- Visit a pile of US States (Alaska & Montana)
- Bike ride in Glacier National Park
- Piano Lessons for 6 months
- Horseback ride
- Snorkel in a tropical paradise
- Climb Kings Peak in Utah
- Tour Timpanogos Cave
- Take a long distance train ride
- Bachelors Degree
- Complete a 365 project
- Own a motorcycle
- Visit Denmark
- Go whale watching
- Sleep in a treehouse that I built
In all I’ve accomplished 24 of the 60 original list. I kept or modified 14 of the remaining 36.
all SOME US States (AL, AZ, CA, CO, ID, IL, IA, LA, MN, MS, NM, NV, NY, OR, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY) BEING HONEST HERE I THINK I’M REALLY JUST INTERESTED IN ALASKA & MONTANA AT THIS POINT
- Learn to play all hymns on piano LEARN TO PLAY SOMETHING ON THE PIANO
Hike through a Brazilian jungle to a secluded beach *July 2003
- Bungee jump REALLY NOT INTERESTED IN THIS ANYMORE
Zip line through a forest *October 2012
- Horseback ride COULD BE FUN?
- Donkey ride in Grand Canyon NOPE.
- Skydive MAYBE LATER WHEN I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE
- Snorkel OK
- Scuba Dive NOT THAT INTERESTED
Ride a Camel *September 2012
- Rock climbing on faux wall I DON’T REALLY THINK THIS IS GOING TO WORK
- Rock climbing on real rocks I THINK I JUST MEAN BOULDERING & I’VE DONE THAT, LOTS
Fluent in Portuguese * August 2003
- Fluent in German I COULD SEE HOW USEFUL THIS WOULD BE IF & WHEN WE LIVE THERE
- Fluent in Spanish CAN’T I JUST STUDY PORTUGUESE & CALL IT GOOD?
Current passport 2015
- Climb Kings Peak, Utah YES. I GUESS. IS THIS A LIFE LIST OR VACATION PLANNING?
- Tour Timpanogos Cave SURE THING. I LIKE CAVES.
- Visit South Africa PROBABLY NOT
- Visit Australia (& New Zealand) I DOUBT I WILL MAKE THIS HAPPEN
- African Safari MY WHITE PEOPLE DREAM
Blacksmith May 2013
- 1 Pull up THIS MAKES ME FEEL PATHETIC
- 1 Chin up NOT INCLUDING THIS EITHER
5k every year for 5 years 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 YAY! I AM LEGITIMATELY PROUD THAT I DID THIS
- 1/2 mile swim, bike 12 miles, run 5k-individually and then together (triathlon) & THIS IS WHERE I STOPPED EDITING FOR AN ENTIRE MONTH
Hike a peak to see a sunrise *June 2001
- Attend a ball wearing a ball gown I DON’T THINK I’D ACTUALLY ENJOY THIS
- Take a long distance train ride YES!
Volunteer at the Library *April 2012 Ride a hot air balloon *September 2013
- Bachelor’s Degree YES!
- Complete a 365 project YES PLEASE!
Service countdown to my birthday * September/October 2012
- Own a motorcycle CAN’T GIVE UP ON THIS ONE YET.
- Visit Denmark (Find graves of ancestors) YET ANOTHER VACATION DESTINATION
Serve a full time LDS mission *February 2002-September 2003 Have & maintain a working home library *January 2018
- Go on a cruise PROBABLY TO ALASKA? I DON’T KNOW ANYMORE
Buy a house * September 2009 SUPER PROUD OF THIS, SUCH A GOOD INVESTMENT Become a mother *January 2018 I DID IT! BEST KID EVER.
- Learn to play the guitar PROBABLY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN
- Play the guitar & sing sitting by a campfire PLEASE LET’S NOT
Learn to ride a motorcycle *October 2010 Visit Canada *November 2015 Drive a wave-runner *August 2004 Go Berry picking *August 2013 Dye my hair blonde *2011 Dye my hair black *2010
- Pet a dolphin NAH THANKS ANYWAY
Donate my hair for cancer patient wigs *October 2012
- Go whale watching FROM THE SHORE?
- Sleep in a treehouse (that you built) YES, I CAN SEE THE APPEAL
- Host 50 “fancy” dinner parties FANCY? HOW ABOUT JUST HAVE PEOPLE OVER
- Learn to play the stand up bass like you wanted to in 6th grade AGAIN, NO.
- Host a “tea” party I’M REALLY TRYING TO SEE HOW THIS WOULD WORK SINCE I’M NOT A FAN OF TEA
- Ski lessons REALLY NO
Stay in a yurt * April 2014 Watch in person or be on The Price is Right *October 2017